The Library has first priority on all dates. The Friends of the Library and other groups closely associated with the Library have second priority on all dates. All others have third priority on all dates.
When not in use for library activities, the meeting rooms are made available to recognized organizations and committees under the following guidelines approved by the library board.
The library board neither approves nor disapproves of content, topics, subject matter, or points of view, of individuals or groups using the meeting rooms.
More complete information including a fee schedule can be found below.
- Only the Head or Assistant Head of Circulation will take reservations for meeting rooms.
- Reservations, including application for (all copies), must be completed and returned to the library at least ten days prior tot he reservation date. The application will be completed in triplicate: the white copy for the Head of Circulation, the yellow for the custodian and the pink for the applicant. The application form may be used for multiple bookings but is good only for the meetings listed on the form. The pink copy will be returned to the applicant as confirmation.
- Meeting rooms are designed for changing events open to diverse groups and cannot be reserved exclusively for exhibition or display purposes for more than one day.
- Groups using the rooms may not charge admission.
- Custodial fees stated below are per hour or any portion of an hour.
- Projection or other equipment is available and MUST be booked in advance. If the equipment is used in meeting rooms, there will be no fee for its use.
- Meeting rooms are not available on days the library is closed.
- Smoking and the possession of alcohol are not permitted on the premises.
- Light refreshments may be served from the kitchenette in the Carlin, Haymaker and Jenkins rooms. Check with the custodian if you are unable to locate everything you need.
- Rooms may be inspected prior to the date of the meeting by making an appointment with the Head or Assistant Head of Circulation.
- There are 90 parking spaces in the parking lot. These spaces are also available to anyone using the library and may not be reserved for the exclusive use of meeting participants.
- Bringing anything into the meeting rooms other than refreshments, decorations, audiovisual materials and equipment must be authorized in advance of the meeting. No live animals, rodents, insects, or species of any kind may be brought into the library without express written consent of the library.
- If meetings are scheduled and no one shows up or cancels for two consecutive meetings, the remainder of the group's scheduled meetings will be canceled by the library.The cancellation will be confirmed by mail.
- The applicant must check in at the Circulation desk upon arrival. The custodian will then be notified to unlock the meeting rooms.
- The Library Board of Trustees is not responsible for accidents, injury or loss of individual or group property while using the meeting rooms.
- Groups using a meeting room are responsible for leaving it in a clean, neat and orderly condition. Groups are also responsible for any damage to furniture or facilities in the meeting room.
- Application for the use of the meeting rooms will not be considered complete unless the "Acceptance of Responsibility" for damages statement included on the application is signed.
- The Library Board of Trustees reserves the right to review any or all applications and may demand sufficient time to make proper investigation before granting approval. Groups using the meeting rooms must not disrupt the normal functions of the library.
Monday - Friday 9:00 p.m.
|| Chair Capacity
|| Rate Per Hour|
| Carlin Room
||20-25|| $10.00 first hour $5.00 each additional hour|
||50||$20.00 first hour $5.00 each additional hour|
| Jenkins Room
||75||$20.00 first hour $5.00 each additional hour|
$30.00 first hour $5.00 each additional hour